Original "Atom Punk" character created, made and worn by me. (Worn the first time in 2010)
2013 photoshoot by Minty and Minty Cheesecake Photography
Peggy Proton's costume started life as a recreation I did of the "Astronettes" from the movie "Down With Love" (a tiny scene, blink and you'll miss it). All that's left of that outfit now are the skirt and gloves. I wanted to add a jetpack and eventually ended up redesigning her into my own retro space girl "Peggy Proton."
- silver hairband with sparkly spray painted styrofoam shapes on pipecleaner
- vintage long-line bra (about 1959-1962) which I covered over with blue and silver nylon-spandex fabric
- silver nylon-spandex belt with blue accents (those are craft foam covered with fabric, gives a bit of shape to the belt)
- blue nylon-spandex skirt with silver hoop hem and ring (clear vinyl piping from the hardware store, covered with silver fabric)
- store-bought silver elbow-length gloves, cut up and modified to cover Wonderflex cones; hems are more clear vinyl tubing covered with fabric.
- blue short shorts.
- Raygun, shoes and fishnets store-bought.
- sometimes I wear this with a blue '60s pageboy wig, but Minty and Minty did such a fabulous job of styling my hair I went with that for this photoshoot.
The jetpack lights up and is fantastic to wear at night, but it doesn't show up that well in these photos.
- jetpack is styrofoam, coated many times with modpodge and painted with acrylics. Bubble cylinders are spray bottles.
- Electronics for the jetpack done by DrHaggis: wiring for the lights into the bubble cylinders and under the fuel gauge, programming for the LED chaser lights across the top.